Theme: “Sloppy Sweatshirt Saturday”
Come as you are! Hangout starts at 10:30 AM.
We will breakout into rooms by content: Band, Choir, Orchestra, General Music. Share your questions in advance and bring a friend!! Zoom link and password will be shared in the September Mentoring Minute email. Contact mentoring[at]ksmea.org if you need the link.
Are you a first or second year Kansas Music Educator? If so, the KMEA Mentoring Network is here to provide you with opportunities to…
- CONNECT with experienced mentors and fellow beginning music educators
- ENGAGE in professional learning through mentoring events and online discussions
- ENJOY SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT from a community of professionals who are committed to your success.
Register your email
If you would like to receive monthly emails from the KMEA Mentoring Network (and you aren’t already receiving them) please fill out our contact form. Once you have registered, The KMEA Mentoring Minute will be delivered to your inbox and the mentoring team will be in touch.
Contact Mentoring team for Zoom links.
Fall District Mentoring Meetings for Beginning Music Educators
- East Central District: September 8 via Zoom, 5:30 PM. Fall Business meeting begins at 6:30 PM
- Northeast District: September 14 via Zoom, 6:00 PM. Fall Business meeting begins at 7:00 PM
- Southeast District: August 1, Arma High School. Connections were made and a great time was had by all!!
- North Central District: August 26 via Zoom, Downbeat Meeting. 5:30 PM social, 5:45 PM Business Meeting
- South Central District: September 21, 4:30 – 5:30 PM, via Zoom
- Northwest District: September 19, 10:30 – 11:30 AM via Zoom and October 18, in person, 3:00 PM with dinner, Phillipsburg
- Southwest District: TBA – this information will be updated as soon as it is available
Mentoring Hangouts – via Zoom
- Saturday, August 29, 10:30-11:30
- Saturday, September 26, 10:30 AM
KMEA Mentoring Conference – via GoToWebinar
- October 24, 2020. More info coming soon.
Have a question or need help? Contact your District or State Mentoring Chairs.
NWKMEA: Bill Schick mentoring[at]nwkmea.org
NCKMEA: Jamie Rogers mentoring[at]nckmea.org
NEKMEA: Anne Neal mentoring[at]nekmea.org
ECKMEA: Jason Sickel mentoring[at]eckmea.org
SWKMEA: Shara Bane mentoring[at]swkmea.org
SCKMEA: Gretchen Bixler and Ron Chronister mentoring[at]sckmea.org
SEKMEA: Mary Jo Harper mentoring[at]sekmea.org
State Co-Chairs: Janelle Brower, Holly Taylor and Lynn Unruh mentoring[at]ksmea.org
New Teacher Handbook
Be sure to check out the New Teacher Handbook, a helpful resource designed for both first and second year teachers and experienced teachers who are new to Kansas.
Are you an experienced teacher who is new to Kansas?
Welcome!! While the KMEA State and District websites are a great resource to help you learn how things work in Kansas, sometimes it helps to talk through the details with an experienced colleague. Contact mentoring[at]ksmea.org to ask questions or to get connected with job-alike colleagues in your area.