The Virtual Mentoring Conference that was scheduled for Saturday, October 23 has been postponed and rescheduled to allow presenters and registrants to attend the memorial service for a much loved music educator colleague. We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to seeing you at our rescheduled date.
January 22, 2022 — 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Are you a first or second year Kansas Music Educator? If so, the KMEA Mentoring Network is here to provide you with opportunities to…
- CONNECT with experienced mentors and fellow beginning music educators
- ENGAGE in professional learning through mentoring events and online discussions
- ENJOY SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT from a community of professionals who are committed to your success.
Register your email
If you would like to receive monthly emails from the KMEA Mentoring Network (and you aren’t already receiving them) please fill out our contact form. Once you have registered, The KMEA Mentoring Minute will be delivered to your inbox and the mentoring team will be in touch.
Mentoring Calendar 2021-22
Contact Mentoring team for Zoom links.
Fall District Mentoring Meetings for Beginning Music Educators
- Northwest District: August TBD, via Zoom and October 17, 3:00 PM, Phillipsburg Huck Boyd Center
- North Central District: August 25, 2021, 5:00 PM, Manhattan HS, Downbeat Meeting
- Northeast District: September 13, 2021, 5:30 PM. Lawrence HS, before Fall Dinner and Business Meeting 6:00 – 9:00 PM
- East Central District: August 31, 2021, 6:00 PM via Zoom, New Teacher meeting, followed by business meeting and content breakout rooms at 6:30 PM
- Southwest District: New Teacher Fall Kick-off, August 29, 2021. 2:00 – 4:00 PM, via Zoom
- South Central District: August 28, 2021. 10:00 AM, Newton HS
- Southeast District: Summer Kick-Off, August 21, 2021, 1:00 – 3:00 PM
Mentoring Hangouts – via Zoom
- Saturday, August 28, 2021, 10:30-11:30 AM
- Saturday, September 25, 2021 10:30-11:30 AM
- Saturday, January 29, 2022, 10:30-11:30 AM
- Saturday, March 26, 2022, 10:30-11:30 AM
October 23, 2021 Jan. 22, 2022 – 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Have a question or need help? Contact your District or State Mentoring Chairs.
NWKMEA: Bill Schick mentoring[at]nwkmea.org
NCKMEA: Jamie Rogers mentoring[at]nckmea.org
NEKMEA: Anne Neal mentoring[at]nekmea.org
ECKMEA: Jason Sickel mentoring[at]eckmea.org
SWKMEA: Martha Saucedo mentoring[at]swkmea.org
SCKMEA: Gretchen Bixler and Ron Chronister mentoring[at]sckmea.org
SEKMEA: Mary Jo Harper mentoring[at]sekmea.org
State Co-Chairs: Janelle Brower, Holly Taylor and Lynn Unruh mentoring[at]ksmea.org
New Teacher Handbook
Be sure to check out the New Teacher Handbook, a helpful resource designed for both first and second year teachers and experienced teachers who are new to Kansas.
Are you an experienced teacher who is new to Kansas?
Welcome!! While the KMEA State and District websites are a great resource to help you learn how things work in Kansas, sometimes it helps to talk through the details with an experienced colleague. Contact mentoring[at]ksmea.org to ask questions or to get connected with job-alike colleagues in your area.