CODA stands for Creating Outstanding Development in the musical Arts.
A CODA Grant is an opportunity for KMEA members to obtain a mini-grant for up to $200 from the KMEA Fund in their classroom for a creative project that enhances curriculum. Funds obtained from this grant are not meant to, and should not be used to replace or supplant currently budgeted school funds. To apply for a grant, please complete the CODA Grant Application.
Successful CODA Grant Application Characteristics:
- Complete every field in the application.
- Give your project a succinct but descriptive title.
- Be realistic about the scope of your project. The maximum CODA amount you can receive is $200. If your project will cost more than that, detail the source of the additional funds (e.g., PTA funds, department funds, kind benefactor, fund raising).
- Describe your Project Proposal adequately. Why do you want to do this? Is this something your district should fund as a part of the regular curriculum instead? The weighting for this portion of the application is 50% of the total score.
- Student Outcomes: What do you want students to know and be able to do as a result of this project? Your outcomes should be measureable. The weighting for this portion of the application is 50% of the total score.