The benefits of becoming a member of KMEA are many, including opportunities for professional development and getting the chance to meet many kindred spirits within your selected professional field.
A few of the highlights of membership include:
- Membership in NAfME.
- Participation in the Music Mentor Program.
- A tangible way to support the music education profession.
- Access to professional growth opportunities such as continuing education.
- Reduced registration fees at state, regional and national conferences.
- Advocacy efforts for music education including the Music in Our Schools Month program.
- Special communications regarding inservice opportunities, resources, trends and national developments in music education.
- The right to vote and hold office.
- Position statements on important issues.
- Public relations services.
- Representation on division and national NAfME boards.
If you are a professional or student in the field of music education, we encourage you to join and participate in KMEA.