The following are the guidelines for the 2019 performance cycle.
- Use only new, high quality, CD or audio cassette tape recordings.
The CD or tape should have NO identifying information.
- Show Choir applications must submit a video (VHS or DVD) in lieu of audio recording. The choir’s
name or other identification SHOULD NOT appear anywhere on the video device.
- Recordings must include no more/no less than 3 selections offering as much variety as possible.
Each movement of a larger work is considered one selection.
- The recording should be ONLY the group listed on the application form (1 app-1 group-1 recording).
Recordings must not include any talking of any kind other than narration included within a selection.
No verbal introductions!
- All recordings MUST have been recorded after September 1, 2017.
- Submit a printed program or programs from which the recording was extracted.
If the recording was made during a recording session, submit a signed letter on school stationery
from a school administrator, or, if submitting application from a community group, on the organization’s
letterhead verifying the recording date.
- The director on the recorded audition and the director of the group
in 2018-2019 must be the same person.
This person must also be a member of NAfME-KMEA and will register for the
2019 In-Service Workshop.
- Entries are limited to two ensembles per KMEA member for submission and selection for performing ensembles at the February In-Service Workshop.