Are you a first or second year Kansas Music Educator? If so, the KMEA Mentoring Network is here to provide you with opportunities to…
- CONNECT with experienced mentors and fellow beginning music educators
- ENGAGE in professional learning through mentoring events and online discussions
- ENJOY SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT from a community of professionals who are committed to your success.
Register your email
If you would like to receive monthly emails from the KMEA Mentoring Network (and you aren’t already receiving them) please fill out our contact form. Once you have registered, The KMEA Mentoring Minute will be delivered to your inbox and the mentoring team will be in touch.
Mentoring Calendar 2022-23
Contact Mentoring team for Zoom links.
Summer Mentoring Summit
August 13, 2022, 10:00 – 11:30 AM, via Zoom
- Northwest District: Oct. 16, 3:00 PM – Phillipsburg, Huck Boyd Center
- North Central District: Aug. 24, 5:00 PM Dinner, 5:30 Meeting – Manhattan HS
- Northeast District: Sep. 12, 5:30 PM – Lawrence HS
- East Central District: Aug. 30, 5:30 PM – Gardner-Edgerton HS
- Southwest District: Sep. 18, 2:00 PM – via Zoom
- South Central District: Aug. 27, 10:00 AM – Newton HS
- Southeast District: TBD
- August 27, 2022
- September 24, 2022
- January 28, 2023
- March 25, 2023
Have a question or need help? Contact your District or State Mentoring Chairs.
NWKMEA: Bill Schick mentoring[at]nwkmea.org
NCKMEA: Jamie Rogers mentoring[at]nckmea.org
NEKMEA: Anne Neal mentoring[at]nekmea.org
ECKMEA: Jason Sickel mentoring[at]eckmea.org
SWKMEA: Martha Saucedo mentoring[at]swkmea.org
SCKMEA: Gretchen Bixler and Ron Chronister mentoring[at]sckmea.org
SEKMEA: Christine Lovell mentoring[at]sekmea.org
State Co-Chairs: Janelle Brower, Holly Taylor and Lynn Unruh mentoring[at]ksmea.org
New Teacher Handbook
Be sure to check out the New Teacher Handbook, a helpful resource designed for both first and second year teachers and experienced teachers who are new to Kansas.
Are you an experienced teacher who is new to Kansas?
Welcome!! While the KMEA State and District websites are a great resource to help you learn how things work in Kansas, sometimes it helps to talk through the details with an experienced colleague. Contact mentoring[at]ksmea.org to ask questions or to get connected with job-alike colleagues in your area.