KMEA has established the Hall of Fame to honor those career members of the music education community in Kansas who have made a significant contribution to the growth of music in our state. Any music educator affecting music education in an exceptional manner may be considered. The following list of recommended qualification is intended as a guide in determining individual merit and eligibility for the KMEA Hall of Fame.
- A minimum of 30 years of service to music education (15 years in Kansas or has taught in Kansas and achieved national prominence through service outside of the state).
- On-going membership in MENC/NAfME over the candidate’s career.
- Service to the profession in local, district, state, or national organizations.
- Recognition by the profession in local, district, state, or national organizations.
- A record of exemplary teaching.
- October 1
- Nominator/sponsor nomination package due to the KMEA Vice-President.
- In-Service Workshop
- Induction ceremony.
Note: Nomination materials submitted for persons not selected into the Hall of Fame will remain active for two additional years. After that time the nomination procedure must start from the beginning.